Holy Fathers Francis and Dominic

Monday, February 22, 2010

Lent

We have been given a gift. It is the squandered gift of time. Hours, minutes, seconds. Time leading up to the Feast of the Resurrection of Our Lord so that we may have life everlasting.

My priest is ill. He started his Lent in the hospital. I'm jealous! Something good has come of this. I already miss going to the Holy Sacrifice daily, and realize I have been taking things for granted. How could I forget the dryness when we were in between priests. I'm so sorry dear Lord for taking Your priest for granted. I thank you for my health, and beg you to restore to the Reverend Father his.

I will now begin fashioning my habit Rosary (the kit just came in the mail.) My heart yearns for the Feast of St. Catherine of Sienna when I can wear it on my left hip as she did.

Yours in Christ Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment