Holy Fathers Francis and Dominic

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mind your tongue


One day I found myself (don't ask me how) in a really modern Novus Ordo Church. You know, the ones with the Art Deco paintings , a table, and a tabernacle embedded in the side wall. Well, a friend and I follow a small group of guys in a side room and take our seats. I haven't been mixed with the Novus Ordo very often, and it took me a few seconds to realize that it was in fact a chapel, and Our Lord was present in the wall. I then put down a kneeler and kneel. My friend taps me on the shoulder and whispers... "is the Euch in there" I nodded "yes" and then shook my head...
Try not to throw the word "Eucharist" around. First off, always capitalize it. The Most Holy Eucharist actually means something more than just "my home boy" so show Him some reverence by throwing "holy" or "most holy" or "bless-ed" in front. It is of such importance that these adjectives get capitalized with It! Traditional Catholics make it a point to reserve their speech and watch what ever words are put in the same sentence with this life giving word. Of course, a consecrated host is the Eucharist. But try not to throw the name around like its a substitute for "bread." Remember, every time you say it, you basically say "the Sacrifice of Calvary." Some Synonyms you can use are "Blessed Sacrament" and "Holy Communion." I have heard the word "Eucharist" said more times since Ive been with the schools Catholic group than I have heard it in 10 years. AND NO, THAT'S NOT A GOOD THING. The Traditionalists are not afraid of saying "Eucharist" but show It the reverence It deserves. We love It, we embrace It. Its not something common to us. We have It everyday, but It never loses Its novelty. Familiarity breeds contempt.

Ive heard someone say "go up and get the Eucharist" or "then, when it was time for Eucharist." No! Do you know who has "the Eucharist" instead of "the Mass?" The Episcopalians.

We don't "eat the Eucharist." We receive Holy Communion" ---or--- after we pray and mentally prepare ourselves for a worthy reception, we communicate with the Blessed Sacrament found in the Most Holy Eucharist, where Christ is present, Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity. Then give sufficient thanks.

I pray for a worthy Communion. You only need one to become a Saint.

No comments:

Post a Comment